Statistics Help | Links
- Free statistical software packages
- Glossary of statistical terms
- Interactive statistical demonstrations and tutorials
- Introduction to Descriptive Statistics - University of Illinois, Urbana-Champagne.
- Mark Mitchell's Class Notes -Research Methodology notes from his Introductory Psychology class online for your benefit.
- Methods in Behavioral Research (extensive compendium of links)
- Methods of Psychological Research
- On Being a Scientists: Responsible Conduct in Research
- Online statistics textbooks, reference manuals, and journals
- Population Genetics
- Psychological Research on the Net
- Research Design Explained
- Research Methods (Wikipedia category with dozens of entries)
- Research Methods and Statistics Links (Social Psychology Network)
- Research Methods by Dr. Paul Cozby - Research methodology in Psychology.
- Research Randomizer
- Statistics Tutorials and Resources
- Symbols in Statistics
- Textbooks on Conducting Research (Social Psychology Network)
- Web Center for Social Research Methods (Cornell University)
How to Conduct Online Research:
- Advisory Group on Conducting Research on the Internet (APA body)
- Guide to Running Surveys and Experiments on the Web (overview)
- Introduction to Behavioral Research on the Internet (detailed e-text)
- Psychological Research Online (American Psychological Assn. report)
Web-Based Data Collection Services:
- PsychData (specializing in social science research)
- QuestionPro.com (service for building and analyzing online surveys)
- SurveyMonkey (popular web data collection service; short surveys free)
- Surveyz.com (online survey building and data collection)
- Time-Sharing Experiments for the Social Sciences (free; NSF-supported)
- ZipSurvey (web survey application developed by I/O psychologists)
Choosing the Right Tests:
- Choosing a Statistical Test, Chapter 37 of Dr. Harvey Motulsky's book Intuitive Biotatistics
- "Selecting Statistics", by Bill Trochim (Cornell). Another interactive set of web pages to help you select the right kind of analysis to perform on your data.
- Statistical Decision Tree, from the developers of the MicrOsiris package. This is an interactive set of web pages to help you select the right kind of analysis to perform on your data. It asks you a simple series of questions about your data (how many variables, etc.), then makes recommendations about the best test to perform.
- Test-selection routine
Hyperstat Online Textbook:
- Introduction to Statistics
- Describing Univariate Data
- Describing Bivariate Data
- Introduction to Probability
- Normal Distribution
- Sampling Distributions
- Point Estimation
- Confidence Intervals
- The Logic of Hypothesis Testing
- Testing Hypotheses with Standard Errors
- Introduction to Between-Subjects ANOVA
- Factorial Between-Subjects ANOVA
- Within-Subjects/Repeated Measures ANOVA
- Chi Square
- Distribution-Free Tests
- Measuring Effect Size
- The American Association for the Advancement of Science
Home page for AAAS. Information on membership, sections, science policy, and their flagship journal, Science.
- American Mathematical Society
American Mathematical Society's home page. Gives info on membership, activities, and other useful things like employment opportunities and a preprint server.
- American Society for Quality (formerly American Society for Quality Control)
- American Statistical Association
A very active professional organization for statisticians, ASA now has a home page. They have info on membership, upcoming events, publications, meetings, etc.
- The Bernoulli Society for Mathematical Statistics and Probability
The Bernoulli Society is a section of the International Statistical Institute focusing on probability and mathematical statistics. Links to membership info and meetings.
- Classification Society of North America
The Classification Society of North America (CSNA) is a nonprofit interdisciplinary organization whose purposes are to promote the scientific study of classification and clustering (including systematic methods of creating classifications from data), and to disseminate scientific and educational information related to its fields of interests.
- Royal Statistical Society
RSS home page. Includes links to RSS news, conferences, membership info, committees, etc. Also includes a link to the RSS Centre for Statistical Education.
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
SIAM home page. Includes the standard links to membership info, conferences, publications, and career information (nice because it allows online browsing of job listings from their newsletter, SIAM News). Also some links to other math sites. The home page is graphics intensive, so be prepared to wait if using a slow Internet connection. (This is true only for the main home page--other pages at this site seem to be mostly text and transfer pretty quickly.)
- Accredited Online Universities
If you want to earn a degree while working from well recognized universities and colleges contact The Degree Experts.